- The STC Series is equipped with two automatic pallet changers as standard
- Optional hydraulic or vacuum coupling device
Unparalleled levels of long-term precision
A modern and innovative machine system which provides high levels of reliability and availability
Perfect machine geometry which enables accurate machining
High performance 6-axis machining center
The STC series has been designed to provide unrivalled economy in the machining of the most demanding structural parts, multi-blades and casings with long cycle times, and provide the customer with a whole host of practical options. These machining centers have excellent static and dynamic properties as well as a tried and tested rotatable head, making them the benchmark for heavy chip removal in titanium and Inconel part for the aerospace and power generation industries.
Control and System Capability
- NCU with the highest extension stage
- Contour fidelity during high-speed machining through look-ahead feature and dynamic preselection
- Drive parameter adjustment depending on the machining
- Control cabinet with air conditioning unit
Control behavior and NC path planning are developed and optimized in great detail to achieve the perfect combination of geometrical accuracy, surface quality and of course productivity. Depending on the required application, the machine can be optimally configured using five settings: roughing, pre-finishing, fast finishing, finishing and super finishing.
- Process analyses and stability evaluations can be made easily with integrated sensors and evaluation routines.
- Collision damage is significantly reduced thanks to rapid crash detection and machine stop. This is an excellent addition to Starrag’s simulation solutions to avoid expensive machine downtime.
- The imbalance of all tools and the state of the spindle bearings are automatically monitored.
- Absolute optical measurement system for all five linear and rotary axis
- Emission extractor
- Rotating disk window
- Conditioning unit for compressed air
- Camera system
- Handheld unit
- Compresser temperature cooling unit
- Increased geometric accuracy
- Remote diagnosis
- Warm up program
- Energy efficiency
The STC machines are equipped with state-of-the-art tool magazines and tool changers manufactured by the Starrag Group. With a range of tool magazines from 60 to 510 tools (HSK-A100 / ISO 50 / HSK-A63), it is made sure that the right solution can be selected for any application. Starrag's chain and tower magazines offer the following advantages:
- Fast and reliable design tested in hundreds of machines.
- Tool loading during machining process.
- Wide variety of magazine sizes and options.
- Dedicated solutions for oversize tools. For Starrag tool magazines features like tool breakage detection, tool coding, automated tool handling within an FMS can be implemented. Automated loading of tools into angle heads can also be realized. Regardless of the application, Starrag offers the right solution for the job.
- Thermo-symmetrical design
- Elements of closed welded design
- Extremely stable and low vibration
- Optimized using the FE method
- High running and positioning accuracy
- Short positioning and start-up times thanks to high acceleration
- CNC rotary table as fourth simultaneous axis
- Pallet interface with clamping cones
- Concentric, water-cooled direct drive
- High driving torque
- Hydrostatic B axis clamping
- Concentrically mounted water-cooled high-performance synchronous motor (18‘000 rpm)
- Oil-air lubrication directly through the outer ring (direct lubrication system)
- Variable hydraulic bearing pretensioning
- Vector control with constant torque up to the corner speed, thereafter constant power
- Internal coolant supply as standard
- Sensors for bearing temperature, thermal spindle growth with compensation and in-process vibration monitoring
- MT version has hydraulic spindle clamping
- Drive via two-step gearbox
- Torque 940 Nm or 1'300 Nm
- Large dimensioned precision hybrid bearings
- Oil-air lubrication system
- Internal coolant supply as standard
- MT version has axial interlocking for locking the spindle during the turning process
One key factor for lowest tooling costs and the highest productivity is the right process cooling selection. The STC machines offer all state-of-theart through spindle cooling options:
- High pressure cooling for water-based coolants or oil (pressures up to 150 bar / 2175 psi to get as close to the cutting zone as possible)
- Through spindle air
- Aerosol (minimum quantity lubrication)
Of course external cooling is also possible. With these options, long tool lifes and lowest overall cost can be achieved.
Productivity and accuracy are no longer just a question of machine and tool.
Adaptive machining of the individual workpiece is a quantum leap for many applications.
The actual shape of the workpiece is captured on the machine using Starrag’s own 5-axis measuring cycles.
The NC program can then be specifically adapted or created anew – reliably and fully automated. This technology provides advantages for a multitude of applications:
- Non machining time («air cut») on forged blanks can be eliminated
- The tolerances when machining with respect to pre-machined references can be tightened dramatically.
- Thermal drift of the machine can be detected and compensated automatically.
- Twin swarf conveyors in the longitudinal bed
- Generous swarf openings and angled areas
- Integrated washing system with workpiece shower
- Suited for either wet or dry machining
The special workpiece geometries create specific demands on the clamping fixtures. Starrag has in-house specialists who develop individual clamping concepts to meet the specific requirements of the individual workpiece. Starrag offers the following advantages:
- Part optimized fixturing for both efficient roughing and distortion free finishing.
- Mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic or vacuum clamping solutions can be implemented.
- Media ports are accessible directly on the pallet.
- Media clamping solutions can be included into flexible manufacturing systems.
Everything from simply part storage to most complex flexible manufacturing systems – even of the largest machines. The Starrag Group makes Industry 4.0 a reality. Read more
|Pallet clamping surface according to DIN 55201||mm||1000x1250 (1250x1250)|
|Diameter of round pallets||mm||Ø 1600|
|Max. workpiece weight||kg||5000|
|Column linear travel X||mm||2200|
|Main spindle vertical travel Y||mm||1900|
|Table traverse travel Z||mm||2880|
|X/Y/Z||m/min||45 / 45 / 40|
|Gear driven spindle 1, max. speed||rpm||5 600|
|Max. power at 100% duty cycle||kW/Nm||37 / 1 300|
|Total taper||HSK-A100 / SK 50|
|Gear driven spindle 2, max. speed||rpm||8 000|
|Max. power at 100% duty cycle||kW/Nm||37 / 940|
|Total taper||HSK-A100 / SK 50|
|Gear driven spindle 3, max. speed||rpm||10 000|
|Max. power at 100% duty cycle||kW/Nm||37 / 620|
|Motorspindle 1, max. speed||18 000|
|Max. power at 100% duty cycle||80 / 250|
|Positioning uncertainty (P)||mm / sec||0,006 / 6|
|Positioning scatter (Ps)||mm / sec||0,0028 / 4|
|Reversal error (U)||mm / sec||0,002 / 3|
|Space requirement for basic machine LxWxH||mm||15900x10500x5450|